Holly Springs Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Hearing Protection

2 posters

Go down

Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Hearing Protection Empty Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Hearing Protection

Post by Sheepdog Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Hearing Protection Peltor

This item is currently in stock at Holly Springs Tactical

I have owned the Peltor Tactical 6S electronic hearing protection system for a little less than a year now. I have been impressed with this product so far and have had no technical issues whatsoever. 3M is the parent company of Peltor and makes a wide range of safety products along with various other general use items. Peltor has done their homework and created a wide range of hearing protection for all applications. An entry level product is offered with several midrange models and even advanced level protection is offered with all the bells and whistles our armed forces require.

The Tactical 6S is a midrange model that offers substantial quality improvements over cheaper competitor products. The microphone capabilities outperform others I have tested and the decibel response protection is superb compared to others. United States Special Forces currently utilize Peltor products and it’s easy to see why.

What I like:
Less than $75.00
Operates on (4) AAA batteries
Amplifies surrounding audio while blocking out harmful gunfire decibels.
An amazing upgrade over passive protection, earplugs, and cheaper electronic protection.
Product increases awareness and in return, this creates safety.
Noise reduction rating of 19db
5 millisecond noise response time
Solid construction, less plastic and more metal here.
Streamlined profile

What I do not like:
The battery access is cumbersome to say the least. Changing batteries are a pain. One must remove the foam ear contacts to gain entry into the battery housing on both muffs.
Battery life is mediocre. I have seen better.

Overall:
I would recommend this product to new and experienced shooters alike who do not currently own electronic hearing protection or are looking to upgrade from their existing ear pro. This product is a midrange system and will provide the features and hearing protection desired by the majority of shooters. Expect this system to be durable and provide many trips to the range under all types of conditions.
Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Hearing Protection Empty Re: Peltor Tactical 6S Electronic Hearing Protection

Post by nemccraw Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

+1 on the peltor 6s. I've been using them for close to 3 years now and have never had a problem. I think its a safety issue not being able to hear whats going on around you when you are at the range. For those of you that are wondering, electronic hearing protection allow an amplification of sounds while wearing them, comparable to a hearing aid. However, the electronics will only let a certain decibel pass through, so shots sound just as quiet as someone talking. Think of it like watching TV; when someone shoots a gun on TV it doesn't hurt your ears. That's because the TV is controlling the volume at which the sound is being heard at... same concept here, except the gun shot is not near as loud as it is on TV Very Happy . I would not disagree if a range had an electronic hearing protection only policy, it definitely increases safety by allowing the wearer to have a greater situational awareness about what is going on around him while he is firing his firearm.
nemccraw
nemccraw

http://www.HollySpringsTactical.com

Back to top Go down