Holly Springs Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoot House

3 posters

Go down

Shoot House Empty Shoot House

Post by nemccraw Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Rangermaster and Sheepdog knew this one was coming.

Majority of my combat experience (99.9% of it) involved surgical missions, or being able to secure a single residence, without affecting or having to control the entire neighborhood, much less the city. With that came the experience of being in a house while rounds are being fired as well as a massive amount of training with entering a building and clearing rooms.

In my opinion there is a huge disconnect in our population (Both law enforcement and conceal carry holders) between what is perceived as good techniques and tactics in surviving an indoor deadly force situation and what reality will actually bring in those situations.

I think a small shoot house (with two or three to-scale rooms) will allow people to see exactly what that 3/4" sheet of dry wall will do for you, and how vulnerable you (and those around you) actually are in a house when facing a threat that has a firearm. Common belief will have you stand at a doorway inching into a room to challenge a threat, but think. . . what are you actually doing besides presenting a rather stationary target for the threat?

Shooting while static on a flat range improves weapon manipulation and basic marksmanship. Holly Springs Tactical has taken huge steps in providing a place that members can apply their weapon manipulation and basic marksmanship in complex ways (ie spinning targets, dynamic range, movable barricades, vehicles to shoot out of and around, etc). I think a shoot house could really add to the arsenal of tools available for members, and ultimately provide the necessary skills in order to increase our survivability rate in a deadly force situation.
nemccraw
nemccraw

http://www.HollySpringsTactical.com

Back to top Go down

Shoot House Empty Re: Shoot House

Post by Sheepdog Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Agreed, this is something derisible for all sorts of applications. I’m on board for helping in the construction area of this project. Let’s put this idea into motion.
Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by rangemaster1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

Plans are in the works. We need some dry weather to move a little dirt. Get ready to work.

rangemaster1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum