Holly Springs Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection

2 posters

Go down

Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection Empty Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection

Post by Sheepdog Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection Champion

I have owned several pairs of the Champion and Winchester Electronic Ear Protection systems. While entry priced, these units have performed surprisingly well.

It appears the Champion and Winchester ear pro are identical in specifications and have only been branded with Winchester’s name for their purposes.

What I like:
Less than $40.00
Operates on (4) AAA batteries
Amplifies surrounding audio while blocking out harmful gunfire decibels.
An amazing upgrade over passive protection and earplugs.
Product increases awareness and in return, this creates safety.

What I did not like:
If you visit the range frequently, the life of the product is somewhat subject to wear.
The internal electronics are not adequately protected from moisture, for example perspiration.
In all the pairs I have owned, I found the amplification would create static over time sometimes resulting in a slight “popping” sound especially when adjusting the volume. I do not know if this may be the result of moisture entering the electronics housing.

Overall:
I would recommend this product to new and experienced shooters alike who do not currently own electronic hearing protection. Even though this product is an entry level product, the benefits greatly outweigh shortfalls.

Last edited by Sheepdog on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection Empty Re: Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection

Post by rangemaster1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 pm

If you plan on shooting, go ahead and spend for the peltors. I bought three sets before learning my lesson

rangemaster1

Back to top Go down

Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection Empty Re: Champion and Winchester Electronic Hearing Protection

Post by Sheepdog Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:55 am

I agree with rangemaster1,

If you are thinking about getting even semi-serious about spending time on the range, Peltors by 3M would be the best choice here.

If you plan to shoot once every 2 or 3 months, I feel the Champion/Winchester brand will suit your needs.
Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down