Holly Springs Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security

3 posters

Go down

Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security Empty Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security

Post by Sheepdog Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:17 pm

I ran across this today and had mixed feelings about the video. The video has been created by the Department of Homeland Security and is currently being employed by the State of Alabama.

To start, I was happy to see something a state is promoting to combat the terrifying reality of “active shooters” our society has come to realize exist. However, the coin term, “active shooters” in my opinion is unjust. I am more inclined to think of these “active shooters” as just plain murderers. I can’t understand why someone would coin a phrase to label these senseless acts as something other than the cold truth of what it is…”mass murder”. These “shooters” are not trained as I see it, they are targeting the defenseless that are caught by surprise in an environment that has very little means for escape. There are no skills involved, only a mere deranged mind. To label these individuals as “shooters”, well in my opinion is an uneducated gross representation of the word.

The video was alarming to me because it features an “armed murderer” assaulting what appears to be an office building. It’s all a dramatization, all actors here. What struck me is the video is titled “Run Hide Fight” and actually recommends when all else fails to fight by means of improvised weapons. Well, in this scenario, actors seek out fire extinguishers and office chairs to combat an armed attacker. Folks, this is not reality and the victims here are at an EXTREME disadvantage.

It is unfortunate that some employers prohibit a citizen that is legal in owning and carrying a concealed handgun from arming themselves on their property while employed there. I would rather see a video that encourages the legal carrying of concealed handguns by employees of business. I know the argument exist of well that means guns are at a workplace all the time. If a deranged individual wants to bring a gun to work/school/church/shopping mall…well there is nothing stopping them from doing so in the first place…it just means the victims are not armed….except with fire extinguishers and chairs.

Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security Empty Re: Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security

Post by nemccraw Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 pm

+1 for Alabama... recognizing the threat is the first step
nemccraw
nemccraw

http://www.HollySpringsTactical.com

Back to top Go down

Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security Empty Re: Run Hide Fight Training Video by Department of Homeland Security

Post by rangemaster1 Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 am

At least they are beginning to be pro active. I agree active killer would be better title. Maybe this will be a first step to allowing conceal carry, but we still need to address the lack of training most civilians choose to have. TRAINING THE INDIVIDUAL HAS TO IMPROVE.

rangemaster1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down