Holly Springs Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do?

3 posters

Go down

What would you do? Empty What would you do?

Post by davidqueen Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm

you might have seen this on tv already...............
davidqueen
davidqueen

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by nemccraw Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 pm

that's a horrible prank, they didn't think that one through. I'm glad i didn't walk in on that
nemccraw
nemccraw

http://www.HollySpringsTactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidqueen Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 am

I guess after alot of thought .

I jam the elevator door with my shoe.

kick the supposed bad guy in the eye with my big toe.

draw my gun and tell them to break it up .

all why i calmly call the police....

but we dont live in a perfect world .

so i would pull the estop on the elevator and yell for help
davidqueen
davidqueen

Back to top Go down

Post by nemccraw Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:25 am

The dreaded third party defense scenario. . . . . . I would hope I would draw and be at the high ready almost immediately, close the distance between myself and what I perceive is the attacker while giving verbal commands "Stop, you're killing him", and if the 'attacker' is not complying then I would kick him in the face. That's the easy part... the next part is what do you do once they are broken apart? ? ? How do you know who is the 'bad guy'? I would say I would keep my weapon in my strong hand, down by my side and give a verbal command for both parties to exit the elevator and sit against the wall, and I would immediately call 911. It's a sticky one, I hate third party situations and would not get involved unless I knew someone would die if I didn't intervene.
nemccraw
nemccraw

http://www.HollySpringsTactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheepdog Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks for posting this, I had not seen it. I think it’s a true testament to how some people react. I love the last guy’s actions…stand there and take a picture with his cell phone. He’s not really helping the “victim” much, but he is being a great witness. It’s amazing how many people decided not to intervene but we are only getting quick clips of several encounters. I have noticed people are more inclined to video/take pictures of emergency situations in my line of work.

Yeah, I agree with nemccraw, a kick to the head if he doesn’t stop his actions. The thing is people have to realize when they create these mock scenarios, using unwilling and unknowing participants, you’re going to run into the one individual on occasion that does something unexpected. Like scare them enough to make them draw a concealed handgun and fire it. That’s not the right answer; but you’re talking about the general public here that may be carrying concealed legally, but without any training, and with odds of never witnessing a public violent act in their life until this. The folks involved with the making of this video should count their blessings that someone didn’t get hurt, arrested….or sued. Their video would not have went so well if a uniformed officer opened the door. Lots of risk taking by the actors here.
Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum