Holly Springs Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Defensive Pistol Association

2 posters

Go down

International Defensive Pistol Association Empty International Defensive Pistol Association

Post by rangemaster1 Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Just joined the IDPA yesterday. Not sure what that could lead into, but it is the type of shooting we are geared up to do here at Holly Springs Range. If you have any thoughts let me know.

Last edited by rangemaster1 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

rangemaster1

Back to top Go down

International Defensive Pistol Association Empty Re: International Defensive Pistol Association

Post by nemccraw Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:05 am

I did some research and joined as well. I like what I saw; NC has 9 affiliated ranges (most in the eastern part of the state) and SC had 7 affiliated ranges. The ranges surround us well with 1 in Rock Hill, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Spartanburg, 2 in the Greenville area, 1 in Columbia, and 2 around Boone. That makes a total of 8 ranges affiliated with IDPA within 2.5 hours of the range, and only 1 range within an hour away.

It would be nice to: 1) Get a group of Holly Spring Tactical members to train together and go the events at the surrounding ranges and 2) Host some IDPA events ourselves.

Rangemaster - What needs to be done to get our range affiliated? See if you can get in touch with someone from IDPA or even the range in spartanburg (http://shootspsa.org/ they've been doing IDPA for 10 years) and see where the closest IDPA Range Safety Officer Instructor is so we can send the Holly Spring Tactical Range Safety Officers to go get certified. The range's up north are either giving the IDPA Range Safety Officer course for free or for a very small fee; I can't find any courses offered in the southeast except Florida.
nemccraw
nemccraw

http://www.HollySpringsTactical.com

Back to top Go down

International Defensive Pistol Association Empty Re: International Defensive Pistol Association

Post by rangemaster1 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 am

Contacted the range in Spartanburg, also facebooked Lee Baustisas in Charlotte who is a certified idpa safety officer. Haven't heard back from either one yet.

rangemaster1

Back to top Go down

Post by rangemaster1 Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Heard from the man over IDPA in Spartanburg yesterday may make a trip down there 4/20/13. Let us know of any interest in starting a Holly Springs Tactical IDPA Shooting Team

rangemaster1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum